BrightSign LLC, a manufacturer of digital signage media players, and Mood Media, an in-store media provider, announced that they installing the first digital menu boards in more than 50 Costa Coffee stores in Dubai, according to a press release from BrightSign.
Costa Coffee is one of the top two coffeehouse chains globally, the release said.
Mood Media is installing the digital menu boards driven by BrightSign media players in Costa Coffees across the United Arab Emirates. The stores are operated as a franchise by Emirates Leisure Retail. Each board consists of three 49-inch horizontal screens driven by BrightSign XD232 players supplied by Digital Communications LLC, the BrightSign distributor in Dubai, the release said. The central screen features dynamic video content provided by Costa Coffee and/ or created by Mood GCC locally in Dubai. The screens to either side offer up-to-date menus and pricing, but can now also feature dynamic content such as moving images. Content is managed by Mood Media GCC and securely hosted using the BrightSign Network Enterprise Edition.
Emirates Leisure Retail selected Mood Media to provide the menu boards after a detailed trial phase, according to the release. Mood Media already manages the audio experience in its Costa Coffee stores, providing background music.
“We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience. We spent six months evaluating digital menu board formats and content offline to create a formula that fully reflects our brand values and the store context. Only then did we move ahead with a pilot,” said Shermaine Jones, head of marketing for Emirates Leisure Retail.
Digital menu boards are introduced as each store becomes due for refurbishment. Around half are complete at this point. Mood Media is now in talks to extend the boards to other Costa Coffee stores in Gulf Cooperation Council territories.
Reprinted with permission from www.DigitalSignageToday.com
Photo courtesy of BrightSign.
- Drumstick-roll please: KFC exec to share secret (branding) recipe as keynote of Restaurant Franchising & Innovation Summit - November 17, 2017
- 7-Eleven engages with customers outside the box - November 17, 2017
- Every company needs an AI strategy or it will be left behind - November 15, 2017
- How fast food is adopting cleaner, healthier menus - November 15, 2017
- Turner Sports and Intel announce multiyear partnership to bring virtual reality to NBA fans - November 15, 2017
- LG OLED ‘Cinema House’ brings ultimate home entertainment experience to Chicagoland - November 15, 2017
- CHI Overhead Doors, Inc. saves time and money with employee self-service kiosks - November 15, 2017
- Marriott International unveils the IoT hotel room of the future and expands the personalized guest experience - November 15, 2017
- Long John Silver’s to install drive-thrus of the future - November 15, 2017
- P.F. Chang’s opens its 25th restaurant in the Middle East - November 14, 2017