Toronto’s Scotia Plaza last year undertook a digital transformation of its concourse level, with the help of Cineplex Digital Solutions – featuring the Plaza’s Interactive Media Wall, a large resolution touchscreen designed to engage the public with interactive experiences that can be shared through social media platforms.
The Interactive Media Wall – the second phase of the project – showcased CDS’s capabilities leveraging digital display and interactive technologies, the company said.
Launching with a “build-your-own” NHL Hockey Card app, the system allows users to become members of their favorite team by activating the wall’s camera to take their photo and customizing the card to later share on social media. In addition to touch and photo-capture technology, the Interactive Media Wall features gesture interactivity, and uses other cameras to gather real-time analytics on usage.
The first phase featured several installations of large-format, high-resolution digital signage technologies, integrated into the newly renovated concourse, with the new iTrade branch serving as the focal point.
“The Interactive Media Wall is a great example of how we can leverage technology to help a client deliver on their brand promise,” said Steve Harris, vice president of CDS, in the announcement. “The digital screens in the Investment Centre and the concourse demonstrate CDS’s ability and commitment to delivering the best digital innovative experiences for our clients.”
- BrightSign and Socialure team to create innovative digital customer experiences at Cromwell Casino in Las Vegas - March 28, 2017
- DAVACO announces strategic merger with Crane Worldwide Logistics - March 28, 2017
- BrightSign announces integration with three leading CMS providers - March 28, 2017
- Almo Professional A/V, InfoComm partner to deliver IoT Insights Conference at E4 AV Tour - March 23, 2017
- ComQi’s newest digital signage technology supports encrypted video broadcast - March 22, 2017
- Intel tips off NCAA March Madness with exclusive partnership as official VR provider - March 22, 2017
- Kiosk manufacturer and software developer announces interactive EV charging solution - March 22, 2017
- Intel drives innovation in the autonomous driving and industrial markets - March 15, 2017
- Diversified achieves advanced enterprise networks architecture specialization from Cisco US - March 15, 2017
- How to motivate your employees - March 14, 2017