Toronto’s Scotia Plaza last year undertook a digital transformation of its concourse level, with the help of Cineplex Digital Solutions – featuring the Plaza’s Interactive Media Wall, a large resolution touchscreen designed to engage the public with interactive experiences that can be shared through social media platforms.
The Interactive Media Wall – the second phase of the project – showcased CDS’s capabilities leveraging digital display and interactive technologies, the company said.
Launching with a “build-your-own” NHL Hockey Card app, the system allows users to become members of their favorite team by activating the wall’s camera to take their photo and customizing the card to later share on social media. In addition to touch and photo-capture technology, the Interactive Media Wall features gesture interactivity, and uses other cameras to gather real-time analytics on usage.
The first phase featured several installations of large-format, high-resolution digital signage technologies, integrated into the newly renovated concourse, with the new iTrade branch serving as the focal point.
“The Interactive Media Wall is a great example of how we can leverage technology to help a client deliver on their brand promise,” said Steve Harris, vice president of CDS, in the announcement. “The digital screens in the Investment Centre and the concourse demonstrate CDS’s ability and commitment to delivering the best digital innovative experiences for our clients.”
- Every company needs an AI strategy or it will be left behind - November 15, 2017
- How fast food is adopting cleaner, healthier menus - November 15, 2017
- Turner Sports and Intel announce multiyear partnership to bring virtual reality to NBA fans - November 15, 2017
- LG OLED ‘Cinema House’ brings ultimate home entertainment experience to Chicagoland - November 15, 2017
- CHI Overhead Doors, Inc. saves time and money with employee self-service kiosks - November 15, 2017
- Marriott International unveils the IoT hotel room of the future and expands the personalized guest experience - November 15, 2017
- Long John Silver’s to install drive-thrus of the future - November 15, 2017
- P.F. Chang’s opens its 25th restaurant in the Middle East - November 14, 2017
- NEC projectors and digital signage energize lessons in Little Rock School District - November 8, 2017
- New Intel core processor combines high-performance CPU with custom discrete graphics - November 8, 2017