Toronto’s Scotia Plaza last year undertook a digital transformation of its concourse level, with the help of Cineplex Digital Solutions – featuring the Plaza’s Interactive Media Wall, a large resolution touchscreen designed to engage the public with interactive experiences that can be shared through social media platforms.
The Interactive Media Wall – the second phase of the project – showcased CDS’s capabilities leveraging digital display and interactive technologies, the company said.
Launching with a “build-your-own” NHL Hockey Card app, the system allows users to become members of their favorite team by activating the wall’s camera to take their photo and customizing the card to later share on social media. In addition to touch and photo-capture technology, the Interactive Media Wall features gesture interactivity, and uses other cameras to gather real-time analytics on usage.
The first phase featured several installations of large-format, high-resolution digital signage technologies, integrated into the newly renovated concourse, with the new iTrade branch serving as the focal point.
“The Interactive Media Wall is a great example of how we can leverage technology to help a client deliver on their brand promise,” said Steve Harris, vice president of CDS, in the announcement. “The digital screens in the Investment Centre and the concourse demonstrate CDS’s ability and commitment to delivering the best digital innovative experiences for our clients.”
- Targeting generation Z - July 26, 2017
- Making the move to immersive retail - July 26, 2017
- A burrito and a big problem - July 26, 2017
- The road to our driverless future runs straight through the city - July 26, 2017
- Diversified named a Top Unified Communications Provider for 2017 - July 25, 2017
- Intel unveils powerful Intel Xeon Scalable Processors, bringing next-generation business and consumer experiences to life - July 25, 2017
- DAVACO adds Jordan Handel as EVP of Business Development - July 25, 2017
- Diversified makes a strategic addition to their executive line up with new SVP of Emerging Technologies - July 25, 2017
- Ingram Micro executes global cloud growth plan; Expands leadership team - July 25, 2017
- Elo unveils 55-inch multi-touch interactive signage for public venues - July 25, 2017