Luxury brand Burberry’s flagship store in Shanghai brings the phygital – physical and digital – experience of its London flagship to China.
The Burberry Kerry Centre flagship was the eighth store to open in Shanghai, and was inspired by 121 Regent Street, the brand’s global flagship. Incorporating British craftsmanship and materials, the space reflects the architectural design concept developed by Chief Creative Officer Christopher Bailey.
The flagship brings the brand’s digital world to life in a physical space, where customers can experience every facet of the brand from events, to music, to heritage, while housing the fullest breadth of Burberry collections in Asia.
Located over three floors in the center of Shanghai’s Jing An district, Burberry Kerry Centre has been designed to offer multisensory experiences for its customers and communities, featuring exclusive products and services. Part event space, part entertainment hub, part store, the flagship is a dynamic and luxurious new brand environment. Highlights include:
- A dynamic illuminated façade responding to both programmed animation and the outdoors while organically interacting with natural light.
- Evolution of the Burberry Retail Theatre concept in China, offering immersive audiovisual experiences via 40 video screens and 130 speakers throughout the store, including the first digital brand gallery in Asia.
- First in-store Burberry Beauty room in China, featuring the full Burberry fragrance and makeup collections with specialist Burberry Beauty consultants offering personalized appointments.
- A dedicated watch area showcases a wide selection of Burberry watches, including the fully expanded Britain collection for men and women.
- Innovative use of radio-frequency identification technology. Woven into select apparel and accessories, RFID chips trigger unique multimedia content on mirrors that turn to screens instantly to showcase runway footage and exclusive product videos.
Online insights meet offline interactions to create a tailored and personal shopping experience, including mobile check-out and Customer 1-2-1 – through which store associates can access customers’ unique preferences and shopping history.
- Kohler introduces voice-command technology into the bathroom, announces new smart home products with ‘Kohler Konnect’ - January 10, 2018
- The secret ingredients to successful digital menu boards - January 10, 2018
- Keep your employees engaged with digital communications - January 10, 2018
- Why the beauty sector will continue to grow in 2018 - January 10, 2018
- How retailers will compete with Amazon Go - January 10, 2018
- Frank Pisano joins BrightSign as Vice President of Sales - January 10, 2018
- Luxoft and Intel collaborate to create fully integrated digital cockpit computer reference platform - January 10, 2018
- NEC Display Solutions offers a 3 year warranty on all lamp-based projectors - January 10, 2018
- Pizza Hut forges global alliance with Toyota to explore fully-autonomous delivery vehicles - January 10, 2018
- Elo doubles performance power of popular I-series for Android platform - January 10, 2018