The Chicago Brand House for athletic apparel and gear brand Under Armour is an interactive wonderland along Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, the city’s iconic retail destination on Michigan Avenue.
According to Under Armour, “with a focus on cutting-edge products and design, the Chicago Brand House will serve as a stunning example of the brand’s commitment to offering customers a superior shopping experience” – and interactive and immersive technologies are suiting up for the Under Armour team.
The Chicago Brand House features nearly 30,000 square feet of interactive retail space and delivers a fully immersive brand experience, telling the brand story through digital displays designed to inform and inspire visitors, featuring five innovative digital design elements aimed at creating a memorable customer experience.
“Opening a Brand House on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile allows us to establish Under Armour’s presence in one of the most vibrant and iconic shopping destinations around the globe,” said Susie McCabe, the athletics company’s senior vice president of global retail, in an announcement. “The Under Armour Chicago Brand House will be our largest retail location in the world, highlighting our commitment to innovation while providing consumers with an elevated experience when shopping for apparel and footwear, as well as digital devices and wearables.”
The store features two floors of the brand’s newest innovations across various product categories, including outdoor, team sports, training, running, golf, studio, youth and footwear. Chicago’s Brand House was also the first to offer specialized shops for UA Hunt and UA Fish, featuring technical apparel and footwear for this audience.
Serving as a retail hub for the Under Armour Connected Fitness platform, the Chicago Brand House also holds the brand’s first-ever “wearables bar,” offering a range of intelligent fitness devices from brands such as Garmin, Pebble and Misfit, with others to be added in the near future. These activity trackers and sports watches will all integrate with UA Record, the brand’s comprehensive health and fitness network “dedicated to changing the way all athletes train, perform and live.”
The specialty retail location also reinforces the brand’s connection to Chicago and the surrounding areas. A large living wall inspired by the Wrigley Field ivy will be a focal point within the space, and the Brand House will also offer localized Chicago apparel that celebrates the legacy of the city in both sport and style. Under Armour has existing partnerships with iconic local athletic institutions, including the Chicago Cubs, University of Notre Dame and Northwestern University.
One of the key, distinctive features of the Brand House is the Optojump Interactive Experience, which measures and displays customers’ athletic ability such as jump height and running speed. It allows shoppers to register their score and receive an email about their experience to continue and expand the brand relationship.
- BrightSign and Socialure team to create innovative digital customer experiences at Cromwell Casino in Las Vegas - March 28, 2017
- DAVACO announces strategic merger with Crane Worldwide Logistics - March 28, 2017
- BrightSign announces integration with three leading CMS providers - March 28, 2017
- Almo Professional A/V, InfoComm partner to deliver IoT Insights Conference at E4 AV Tour - March 23, 2017
- ComQi’s newest digital signage technology supports encrypted video broadcast - March 22, 2017
- Intel tips off NCAA March Madness with exclusive partnership as official VR provider - March 22, 2017
- Kiosk manufacturer and software developer announces interactive EV charging solution - March 22, 2017
- Intel drives innovation in the autonomous driving and industrial markets - March 15, 2017
- Diversified achieves advanced enterprise networks architecture specialization from Cisco US - March 15, 2017
- How to motivate your employees - March 14, 2017