UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay deployed a highly immersive interactive installation to help show its gratitude to the donors who contributed nearly $600 million for the construction of UCSF Medical Center’s new $1.5 billion children’s, women’s and cancer hospital complex.
The centerpiece of the installation is a 4-foot-by-13-foot interactive wall from Sensory Interactive, featuring a gesture-controlled “attract mode” that captures the attention of visitors walking past the installation. Then, with their curiosity piqued, visitors can use the wall’s touchscreen capabilities to learn more about donors, and also explore interactive content about the institution’s hospitals, faculty, staff and programs. The wall’s sophisticated hardware and software allow it to accommodate multiple simultaneous users along its 13-foot length.
By expanding on the traditional approach to donor recognition, and incorporating a broad range of content and user interactions, the Medical Center created an installation that does much more than just list the names of donors. The full installation also includes two non-interactive LCD displays, a variety of static graphic panels and a custom audio environment, giving it an immersive, museum-like feel.
- Transforming the enterprise through wearable technology - May 23, 2017
- NEC to conduct remote construction trial utilizing 5G with KDDI and Obayashi - May 23, 2017
- Extron working with LG Business Solutions to develop certified control drivers for LG displays - May 23, 2017
- Americans choose their computer over caffeine, carbs and cash - May 23, 2017
- NEC improves the safety and security of computing with “hearable device” - May 23, 2017
- BMW Group, Intel and Mobileye announce Delphi as a development partner and system integrator for their autonomous driving platform - May 17, 2017
- Meridian and NCDOT deploy custom kiosks - May 17, 2017
- Wireless solution provides internet connectivity for Catwalk For A Cause charity event - May 17, 2017
- Ingram Micro awarded 2017 Global Distribution Partner of the Year by Dell EMC - May 16, 2017
- BrightSign teams with Felbro Displays to deliver new QSR self-order kiosk - May 16, 2017