UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay deployed a highly immersive interactive installation to help show its gratitude to the donors who contributed nearly $600 million for the construction of UCSF Medical Center’s new $1.5 billion children’s, women’s and cancer hospital complex.
The centerpiece of the installation is a 4-foot-by-13-foot interactive wall from Sensory Interactive, featuring a gesture-controlled “attract mode” that captures the attention of visitors walking past the installation. Then, with their curiosity piqued, visitors can use the wall’s touchscreen capabilities to learn more about donors, and also explore interactive content about the institution’s hospitals, faculty, staff and programs. The wall’s sophisticated hardware and software allow it to accommodate multiple simultaneous users along its 13-foot length.
By expanding on the traditional approach to donor recognition, and incorporating a broad range of content and user interactions, the Medical Center created an installation that does much more than just list the names of donors. The full installation also includes two non-interactive LCD displays, a variety of static graphic panels and a custom audio environment, giving it an immersive, museum-like feel.
- BrightSign and Socialure team to create innovative digital customer experiences at Cromwell Casino in Las Vegas - March 28, 2017
- DAVACO announces strategic merger with Crane Worldwide Logistics - March 28, 2017
- BrightSign announces integration with three leading CMS providers - March 28, 2017
- Almo Professional A/V, InfoComm partner to deliver IoT Insights Conference at E4 AV Tour - March 23, 2017
- ComQi’s newest digital signage technology supports encrypted video broadcast - March 22, 2017
- Intel tips off NCAA March Madness with exclusive partnership as official VR provider - March 22, 2017
- Kiosk manufacturer and software developer announces interactive EV charging solution - March 22, 2017
- Intel drives innovation in the autonomous driving and industrial markets - March 15, 2017
- Diversified achieves advanced enterprise networks architecture specialization from Cisco US - March 15, 2017
- How to motivate your employees - March 14, 2017