UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay deployed a highly immersive interactive installation to help show its gratitude to the donors who contributed nearly $600 million for the construction of UCSF Medical Center’s new $1.5 billion children’s, women’s and cancer hospital complex.
The centerpiece of the installation is a 4-foot-by-13-foot interactive wall from Sensory Interactive, featuring a gesture-controlled “attract mode” that captures the attention of visitors walking past the installation. Then, with their curiosity piqued, visitors can use the wall’s touchscreen capabilities to learn more about donors, and also explore interactive content about the institution’s hospitals, faculty, staff and programs. The wall’s sophisticated hardware and software allow it to accommodate multiple simultaneous users along its 13-foot length.
By expanding on the traditional approach to donor recognition, and incorporating a broad range of content and user interactions, the Medical Center created an installation that does much more than just list the names of donors. The full installation also includes two non-interactive LCD displays, a variety of static graphic panels and a custom audio environment, giving it an immersive, museum-like feel.
- Kohler introduces voice-command technology into the bathroom, announces new smart home products with ‘Kohler Konnect’ - January 10, 2018
- The secret ingredients to successful digital menu boards - January 10, 2018
- Keep your employees engaged with digital communications - January 10, 2018
- Why the beauty sector will continue to grow in 2018 - January 10, 2018
- How retailers will compete with Amazon Go - January 10, 2018
- Frank Pisano joins BrightSign as Vice President of Sales - January 10, 2018
- Luxoft and Intel collaborate to create fully integrated digital cockpit computer reference platform - January 10, 2018
- NEC Display Solutions offers a 3 year warranty on all lamp-based projectors - January 10, 2018
- Pizza Hut forges global alliance with Toyota to explore fully-autonomous delivery vehicles - January 10, 2018
- Elo doubles performance power of popular I-series for Android platform - January 10, 2018