By Sonal Patel — Reality Interactive
The Reality Team spent the week in Vegas, speaking at SEGD Branded Environments, meeting with folks at GlobalShop, and hosting an insider tour of the expo floor!
Branded Environments with SEGD was a great day of learning, discussion and debate. Here are three interesting things we heard during the great sessions during the day.
- Creativity is fragile at the start and can so easily be destroyed.
When presenting a creative idea, you should focus on positivity for the first hour and declare that the devils advocate is not welcome, Brian Collins of Collins told us.
- Brand consistency can kill creativity
You can lose personality and what makes your brand relatable when you strictly adhere to 100% consistency across the board, Eric Heiman of Volume Inc. shared. Sometimes you may need to sacrifice brand consistency in the interest of localizing the design.
- We’re shifting back to recognizing that ideas need to be commercially viable
The last two years have all been about the customer experience and the customer journey, rather than recognizing the importance for an idea to also be commercially viable. But now – the pendulum has shifted back and we have an equal balance on whether something is marketable, technically feasible and commercially viable. This is a positive thing as it means we are moving towards creating experiences that are marketable but also scalable and sustainable, our own Doug Hampton-Dowson of Reality offered.
- Transforming the enterprise through wearable technology - May 23, 2017
- NEC to conduct remote construction trial utilizing 5G with KDDI and Obayashi - May 23, 2017
- Extron working with LG Business Solutions to develop certified control drivers for LG displays - May 23, 2017
- Americans choose their computer over caffeine, carbs and cash - May 23, 2017
- NEC improves the safety and security of computing with “hearable device” - May 23, 2017
- BMW Group, Intel and Mobileye announce Delphi as a development partner and system integrator for their autonomous driving platform - May 17, 2017
- Meridian and NCDOT deploy custom kiosks - May 17, 2017
- Wireless solution provides internet connectivity for Catwalk For A Cause charity event - May 17, 2017
- Ingram Micro awarded 2017 Global Distribution Partner of the Year by Dell EMC - May 16, 2017
- BrightSign teams with Felbro Displays to deliver new QSR self-order kiosk - May 16, 2017