By Sonal Patel — Reality Interactive
The Reality Team spent the week in Vegas, speaking at SEGD Branded Environments, meeting with folks at GlobalShop, and hosting an insider tour of the expo floor!
Branded Environments with SEGD was a great day of learning, discussion and debate. Here are three interesting things we heard during the great sessions during the day.
- Creativity is fragile at the start and can so easily be destroyed.
When presenting a creative idea, you should focus on positivity for the first hour and declare that the devils advocate is not welcome, Brian Collins of Collins told us.
- Brand consistency can kill creativity
You can lose personality and what makes your brand relatable when you strictly adhere to 100% consistency across the board, Eric Heiman of Volume Inc. shared. Sometimes you may need to sacrifice brand consistency in the interest of localizing the design.
- We’re shifting back to recognizing that ideas need to be commercially viable
The last two years have all been about the customer experience and the customer journey, rather than recognizing the importance for an idea to also be commercially viable. But now – the pendulum has shifted back and we have an equal balance on whether something is marketable, technically feasible and commercially viable. This is a positive thing as it means we are moving towards creating experiences that are marketable but also scalable and sustainable, our own Doug Hampton-Dowson of Reality offered.
- BrightSign-enabled 3D projection mapping brings new exhibition to life - August 16, 2017
- Dynamic video advertising - August 16, 2017
- Is your digital signage susceptible to hacking? - August 16, 2017
- 5 reasons to invest in training - August 16, 2017
- Any view is the best view with LG’s IPS technology - August 16, 2017
- LG introduces LV640S – the new series of smart TV signage - August 16, 2017
- Intel and Microsoft collaborate to deliver industry-first enterprise blockchain service - August 15, 2017
- Fort McCoy supports IMCOM’s Service Culture Initiative - August 15, 2017
- NEC Display refreshes P series projector line - August 15, 2017
- Intel completes tender offer for Mobileye - August 15, 2017