The United States hotel market is made up of 4 million hotel rooms and the typical life span of guest room televisions ranges between 5-7 years according to recent studies.
Going back just a few years, the most popular size for guest room televisions in economy scale properties like Choice brands for example, typically required a 28 or 32-inch TV although some properties are moving towards a 40-inch in efforts to future-proof investments with trends leaning towards bigger panels.
Midscale brands such as Hilton for example, typically consider a 40-inch guest room TV acceptable however will often make a bigger investment for the next size up (43-inch) as larger screen sizes bare higher rack rates (room rates) and can boost incremental revenues; suites with living rooms or separate seating areas from sleeping rooms frequently specify larger sizes such as 48-inch or 50-inch to provide a more impactful experience for in-room entertainment and we even see trends to 55-inch becoming the most popular future-proof size in this segment.
Similar implementation can be seen in other luxury brands like JW Marriott, Westin, Ritz Carlton and others, with the combination of larger screen sizes and high-designer appeal of a wall-mounted installation like with the HPF-650 specifically made for hospitality by Peerless-AV, the most widely deployed mount hands-down in the industry.
We will keep tabs on the trends and keep you posted of any new ones we see. We’re in a prime time in the industry with so many of the first generation flat panels now due for replacement. Be sure to check property websites as you’re working with them on any other opportunities so you can easily spot feature listings that may show guest room pictures with outdated models prime for upgrades
Photo Credit: Almo Professional A/V and iStock
- BrightSign media players drive interactive digital transformation in Best Buy Canada Experience Stores - September 20, 2018
- Almo Professional A/V enables Integrators to use exhibit hall as new product showroom - September 19, 2018
- LG introduces world’s first 8K OLED TV - September 19, 2018
- NEC and Solace collaborate on data connectivity - September 18, 2018
- How interactive displays are increasing in quality, decreasing in cost - September 18, 2018
- Reflect’s Bill Warren wins Tech Titans 2018 Community Hero Award - September 18, 2018
- Intel drone helping to preserve Korean cultural heritage - September 18, 2018
- Thin clients bring high security, ease of management and cost savings - September 17, 2018
- NEC Display Solutions delivering end-to-end video wall solution for customers - September 17, 2018
- Zivelo introduces turn-key kiosk deployment services - September 17, 2018