The United States hotel market is made up of 4 million hotel rooms and the typical life span of guest room televisions ranges between 5-7 years according to recent studies.
Going back just a few years, the most popular size for guest room televisions in economy scale properties like Choice brands for example, typically required a 28 or 32-inch TV although some properties are moving towards a 40-inch in efforts to future-proof investments with trends leaning towards bigger panels.
Midscale brands such as Hilton for example, typically consider a 40-inch guest room TV acceptable however will often make a bigger investment for the next size up (43-inch) as larger screen sizes bare higher rack rates (room rates) and can boost incremental revenues; suites with living rooms or separate seating areas from sleeping rooms frequently specify larger sizes such as 48-inch or 50-inch to provide a more impactful experience for in-room entertainment and we even see trends to 55-inch becoming the most popular future-proof size in this segment.
Similar implementation can be seen in other luxury brands like JW Marriott, Westin, Ritz Carlton and others, with the combination of larger screen sizes and high-designer appeal of a wall-mounted installation like with the HPF-650 specifically made for hospitality by Peerless-AV, the most widely deployed mount hands-down in the industry.
We will keep tabs on the trends and keep you posted of any new ones we see. We’re in a prime time in the industry with so many of the first generation flat panels now due for replacement. Be sure to check property websites as you’re working with them on any other opportunities so you can easily spot feature listings that may show guest room pictures with outdated models prime for upgrades
Photo Credit: Almo Professional A/V and iStock
- Sunglass Hut to showcase its brand at Premium Store opening - February 20, 2018
- Diversified adds new Senior Account Executive to their all-star lineup serving the sports and live events market - February 20, 2018
- Create the ultimate experience at entertainment venues with digital signage - February 20, 2018
- Mvix enhances communication at YMCA of the Rockies - February 20, 2018
- The 5 best settings for digital signage - February 14, 2018
- Shock Doctor joins forces with national sporting goods retailers on new experiential merchandising system - February 14, 2018
- Enhance traveler experience with digital communications - February 14, 2018
- 5 tips for designing for a digital signage screen - February 14, 2018
- Intel drone light show breaks Guinness World Records title at Olympic Winter Games - February 14, 2018
- DAVACO showcases customer experience expertise - February 14, 2018