The United States hotel market is made up of 4 million hotel rooms and the typical life span of guest room televisions ranges between 5-7 years according to recent studies.
Going back just a few years, the most popular size for guest room televisions in economy scale properties like Choice brands for example, typically required a 28 or 32-inch TV although some properties are moving towards a 40-inch in efforts to future-proof investments with trends leaning towards bigger panels.
Midscale brands such as Hilton for example, typically consider a 40-inch guest room TV acceptable however will often make a bigger investment for the next size up (43-inch) as larger screen sizes bare higher rack rates (room rates) and can boost incremental revenues; suites with living rooms or separate seating areas from sleeping rooms frequently specify larger sizes such as 48-inch or 50-inch to provide a more impactful experience for in-room entertainment and we even see trends to 55-inch becoming the most popular future-proof size in this segment.
Similar implementation can be seen in other luxury brands like JW Marriott, Westin, Ritz Carlton and others, with the combination of larger screen sizes and high-designer appeal of a wall-mounted installation like with the HPF-650 specifically made for hospitality by Peerless-AV, the most widely deployed mount hands-down in the industry.
We will keep tabs on the trends and keep you posted of any new ones we see. We’re in a prime time in the industry with so many of the first generation flat panels now due for replacement. Be sure to check property websites as you’re working with them on any other opportunities so you can easily spot feature listings that may show guest room pictures with outdated models prime for upgrades
Photo Credit: Almo Professional A/V and iStock
- ZIVELO wins 2 awards at ICX Summit for achievement in interactive customer experiences - June 14, 2018
- Panera, Sleep Number take top honors at ICX Association Elevate Awards - June 14, 2018
- The rise of the nontraditional checkout - June 14, 2018
- Daypart Scheduling: Not Just for TV, Radio and QSRs - June 14, 2018
- The dash to 5G commercialization begins - June 14, 2018
- Your Pie franchisee offers 5 ways a great team experience leads to a great guest experience - June 13, 2018
- LG adds depth, versatility to commercial IT portfolio with innovative cloud computing technologies - June 13, 2018
- Matching digital signage to customer dwell times - June 13, 2018
- Flexible work environments spell the end of the office desk - June 13, 2018
- Peerless-AV showcases new Xtreme High Bright Outdoor Display - June 13, 2018