OK y’all, this is my first time as an Almo Blogger. Or is it Bloggist? Filipino by birth, East Tennessean by the grace of God, this Filbilly sometimes doesn’t rightly know what term to use.
However, I do know the difference between these two terms: Pro AV Pharmacist vs. Pro AV Physician.
I was at Walgreens one evening to stock up on a few vitamins, and I overheard a man ask the pharmacist if he could give him something for hiccups. The pharmacist promptly reached out and slapped the man’s face!
“Well, you don’t have the hiccups anymore, do you?” said the pharmacist.
The man said, “No, but my wife out in the car still does!”
Questions are the answers.
To me, a pharmacist is someone who fills a prescription … someone who dispenses a medication or a fix. A Pro AV pharmacist would be a reseller whom, for example, when asked by his/her end user for a quote on a 5000 lumen WUXGA projector, simply provides the prices of a few projectors fitting that description.
- What’s the application? How many hours per day will the projector be in use?
- What type of lighting is in the room?
- What kind of content is being presented?
- Is there a projector screen already installed? What’s the gain on that screen?
- What size is the screen? What’s the aspect ratio?
- At what distance will the projector be installed?
- What are you connecting?
- How far away is your source?
- What’s the budget?
- How are you mounting the unit?
- Who’s doing the installation?
When you ask the questions necessary to present a solution, you might find that the product your customer originally asked for doesn’t fit the project requirements.
Here’s a situation to keep in mind when your end user tells you that he/she wants a quote on a solution he/she saw online. One day, a reseller asked me for a quote on a TV by specific part number. I started by asking him, “What’s the application?”
He quickly dismissed my questioning by saying that the end user has a small budget and that’s what he asked for. I asked him again, “What’s the TV being used for?” He said it’s being used for surveillance. I said, “Surveillance, as in 24 hours a day?” He quickly realized that the TV he asked for wasn’t designed for 24/7 operation and thanked me for saving his petooty. Remember, don’t just fill the prescription!
You can also be a hero when a customer asks for a quote on a consumer TV to be installed in a commercial setting.
Almo Services: your partner to deliver the full package.
It’s absolutely critical to ask a lot of questions so you can provide a total solution. Always add the mounts and extended warranties (when it applies) onto the quote. Ask what other essentials are needed—cables, signal flow, control systems, audio. Ask who’s installing the job. (If you’re not able to provide that service, let Almo Install be an arm to your team!) Ask who’s creating the content on the digital signage project. (Not your area of expertise? Almo Content will do it for you!) Ask who’s programming the control systems. (You don’t have a programmer to do it? Almo Control is your resource!) Ask about their current phone, internet and TV service. (You can earn a monthly revenue stream as a provider through Almo Connect!) If you’re not familiar with these accompanying products and services to complete the project, your Almo account manager can help you!
Photo Credit: iStockPhoto.com
- ZIVELO wins 2 awards at ICX Summit for achievement in interactive customer experiences - June 14, 2018
- Panera, Sleep Number take top honors at ICX Association Elevate Awards - June 14, 2018
- The rise of the nontraditional checkout - June 14, 2018
- Daypart Scheduling: Not Just for TV, Radio and QSRs - June 14, 2018
- The dash to 5G commercialization begins - June 14, 2018
- Your Pie franchisee offers 5 ways a great team experience leads to a great guest experience - June 13, 2018
- LG adds depth, versatility to commercial IT portfolio with innovative cloud computing technologies - June 13, 2018
- Matching digital signage to customer dwell times - June 13, 2018
- Flexible work environments spell the end of the office desk - June 13, 2018
- Peerless-AV showcases new Xtreme High Bright Outdoor Display - June 13, 2018