Beginning with NBA All-Star 2018 in Los Angeles, Intel will become the Exclusive Provider of Virtual Reality for NBA on TNT and deliver live NBA game action for a regular schedule of marquee matchups. Intel True VR cameras capture game footage from all angles, creating an immersive viewing experience. (Credit: Intel Corporation)
What’s New: Intel and Turner Sports* will air every NBA* Western Conference Finals matchup between the Golden State Warriors* and Houston Rockets* in virtual reality (VR), powered by Intel® True VR, via the NBA on TNT VR App, presented by Cisco*.
“Sports is undergoing its greatest transformation in more than 75 years as fans redefine the ways they want to engage. Intel is engineering the next generation of technology to deliver more personalized experiences that fans expect, bringing them closer to their favorite sports than ever before.”
– James Carwana, vice president and general manager of the Intel Sports Group
What You’ll See: The VR experience takes fans onto the set of “Inside the NBA,” where they can access live game action, full-game replays, highlights and more. The VR telecasts, powered by Intel® True VR, will feature TNT talent, Spero Dedes and Stephanie Ready, delivering customized VR commentary to break down all aspects of the interactive experience.
Why It’s Important: Virtual reality, volumetric video and analytics will provide more immersive sports experiences – from athlete performance and the fan experience to the business and operational successes of major leagues and sporting events. The NBA on TNT VR experience is just the beginning, delivering a comprehensive, real-time VR telecast leveraging Intel’s powerful end-to-end technology solutions.
How It Works: Intel installs multiple cameras around the arena to capture footage using stereoscopic pods containing up to 12 4K-resolution cameras each. The feeds are sent to the VR control and production room, where Intel-powered servers, Intel processors and algorithms stitch, encode, and distribute multiple content streams. Viewers choose how they want to watch: through a produced feed or switch between multiple vantage points of their choice to create a personalized, fully immersive game day experience.
NBA on TNT VR Schedule:
- Golden State at Houston on Monday, May 14 at 9 p.m. EDT
- Golden State at Houston on Wednesday, May 16 at 9 p.m. EDT
- Houston at Golden State on Sunday, May 20 at 8 p.m. EDT
- Houston at Golden State on Tuesday, May 22 at 9 p.m. EDT
- Golden State at Houston on Thursday, May 24 (if necessary)
- Houston at Golden State on Saturday, May 26 (if necessary)
- Golden State at Houston on Monday, May 28 (if necessary)
More Context: Through partnerships with leading sports brands, such as the NBA on TNT*, NFL*, NCAA*, PGA TOUR*, La Liga* and MLB*, Intel is driving the next wave of powerful technologies that will transform the sports experience for the next generation of fans, athletes, broadcasters and coaches. For more information visit the Enjoy Sports in All New Ways page on Intel.com.
Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Video by YouTube
- Givex partners with Elo to offer an integrated point of sale and ordering kiosk solution to revolutionize the quick service industry - August 21, 2018
- Almo Corporation gives back to community and professional industry through summer fundraising and outreach - August 21, 2018
- Almo Professional A/V announces 2018 Vendor Partner Awards of Excellence winners - August 16, 2018
- LG launches new ‘Pocket Photo Snap’ hybrid camera-printer in the U.S. - August 16, 2018
- Zivelo introduces financing options for clients - August 16, 2018
- Intel artificial intelligence helps bring ‘The Meg’ mega shark to the big screen - August 16, 2018
- Fan favorite honey sesame chicken breast makes short but sweet return to Panda Express - August 16, 2018
- Video walls slim down and lighten up to reduce costs - August 15, 2018
- How can digital signage deliver better retail experiences to lift sales? - August 15, 2018
- Innovating for the ‘data-centric’ era - August 15, 2018