The goal of the digital signage network is to engage parents and club members to increase participation in club events and activities
STERLING, Va. /PRNewswire/ — Mvix has been selected by The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Holyoke, one of the oldest affiliates of the greater Boys & Girls Clubs of America, to power their digital signage network. The goal of the display network is to engage parents and club members to increase participation in club events and activities.
The Holyoke Club serves more than 350 youths daily and operates 3 satellite branches, including a teen mentorship program. The Club runs childcare services and several academic and recreational after-school programs for kindergarten through high school students.
The staff at Holyoke Boys & Girls Club pinned announcements on cork boards but saw very little engagement from parents and kids.
The Club also lacked a way to physically showcase multimedia content that the kids were creating. The content included video projects, photography, and digital art.
The goal of the digital signage project was to further expand the technological capacities of the club, while simultaneously creating a better engagement channel with parents and the children they served.
The club identified areas with a lot of foot traffic and high dwell times and installed networked digital signs powered by the Mvix digital signage software.
The software offered:
- multimedia integrations – the club displayed branded videos and student projects
- event integrations – automated event listings were easily displayed in real-time
- remote management – the IT Director can instantly update content from the main office
The Holyoke Boys & Girls Club staff has reported:
- parents have quick access to club schedules and get a view of what their children are accomplishing
- parents also show increased engagement in volunteer activities and chaperoned events
- club members show greater interest in activities and projects that are showcased on the displays
“The ease of use and features of the Mvix digital signage software were very compelling,” said Victor Rojas, the IT Director at The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Holyoke. “It made it easy to update and add content on our own.”
The club also shared curated content via the Mvix platform. With the 2018 Winter Olympics feed, the club displayed medal counts as well as news and fun tidbits from the games.
“We’re thrilled that the Boys & Girls Club has been able to take full advantage of our digital signage content integrations,” said A. Jay, Senior Director of Business Relations at Mvix. “Their organization is already very tech savvy, and adding digital signage to their repertoire gives them another powerful tool to engage their club members and parents.”
To read the detailed case study, download your free copy here.
At Mvix, a love for technology drives who they are and what they do. For over a decade, they have been a leading provider of content-rich digital signage software and solutions.
To date, their platform powers over 50,000 active screens for clients including Virginia Tech, NASA, Sodexo, Discovery Channel, Nike and the University of Washington. The use cases include employee communication, wayfinding, emergency messaging and customer communications.
Learn more about Mvix at www.mvixdigitalsignage.com or give us a call at 703.382.1739.
Photo courtesy of Mvix
- NEC collaborates with Arm to develop secure IoT solutions for smart cities using AI - October 19, 2018
- How automotive kiosks are changing the car buying experience - October 18, 2018
- Sales conversion rate in brick and mortar stores is 7X more than online - October 18, 2018
- Peerless-AV adds to universal projector mount line with new heavy duty models - October 18, 2018
- Content management for QSR digital signage? Seamless. - October 18, 2018
- Infovista brings machine learning capabilities to QoE measurement in ITU-T SG-12 - October 18, 2018
- Intel and Arm share IoT vision to securely connect ‘any device to any cloud’ - October 18, 2018
- New content themes in latest Mvix software release - October 17, 2018
- Intel artificial intelligence and Rolls-Royce push full steam ahead on autonomous shipping - October 17, 2018
- Signagelive platform updated with new interactive kiosk mode for BrightSign media players - October 17, 2018