We’re excited to announce our integration with Zapier! Don’t know Zapier? You know all those Web apps you use at work? Everything from Gmail to Slack, Twitter to Instagram. How awesome would it be If these apps could talk to IntuiFace? Read all about it!
What is Zapier?
Zapier is a service that gives you the power to integrate two or more Web apps, creating a chain of causes and effects. They call these chains a Zap. Here’s a sample Zap: When I get an email in my Gmail account, copy the attachment into Dropbox and then send me a text using Twilio. This amazing power would – in the past – have required significant development skills, if it was possible at all. Now you can integrate apps with a couple of mouse clicks.
The big news for us is that IntuiFace is now another app available for use in a Zapier Zap.
How does it work with IntuiFace?
It’s simple, really. Select any of the 1000+ apps available in Zapier, choose a trigger associated with that app, then specify the message you want to send to IntuiFace as a result. That message can contain any set of information, including info exposed by the trigger. Meanwhile, your IntuiFace experience is what you can think of as a listener – specifically, the Web Triggers Interface Asset – waiting for a message to arrive. For each possible message you can call a specific set of actions. That’s it. You specify the “‘when” in Zapier and the “then” in IntuiFace.
What are some examples of Zapier Zaps using IntuiFace?
We’ve built four examples you can try out yourself using the “Zapier Demo” sample experience located in the IntuiFace Marketplace.
- Use email to display a message in IntuiFace
- 5 minutes before a meeting starts, show the event details in IntuiFace
- Star a Slack message to have it display in IntuiFace
- Schedule a daily update that would appear in IntuiFace
Again, remember, there’s over 1000 Web apps available in Zapier. What can’t you build?
What should you do next?
Obviously, you should try it out. The first thing you have to do is create a Zapier account. With that free account you can connect any two apps – aka a “two step Zap” – from among a subset of the 1000+ apps supported by Zapier. (Paid accounts enable you to create Zaps with 3+ steps and grant you access to their entire app inventory.)
Then read the article in our online library about our Zapier support. In there you’ll learn about credential keys and how you use them to tell your Zaps which IntuiFace experiences should be targeted.
Next, we recommend that you run the “Zapier Demo” sample experience found in the IntuiFace Marketplace. This way you can get your hands dirty with prebuilt Zaps.
Finally, dive in and create your own Zaps. Tell us your greatest achievements! We want to know.
IntuiLab is the creator of IntuiFace, the leading cross-platform software empowering anyone – of any skill set and in any business – to create, connect, deploy and measure touch-first digital signage without writing a line of code. Used by 1500 organizations in more than 85 countries and in fields as varied as retail, events, education, sales, government, and cultural institutions, IntuiFace accelerates the execution of interactive digitalization strategies for the physical place. IntuiLab is based in Toulouse and Chicago.
- NEC collaborates with Arm to develop secure IoT solutions for smart cities using AI - October 19, 2018
- How automotive kiosks are changing the car buying experience - October 18, 2018
- Sales conversion rate in brick and mortar stores is 7X more than online - October 18, 2018
- Peerless-AV adds to universal projector mount line with new heavy duty models - October 18, 2018
- Content management for QSR digital signage? Seamless. - October 18, 2018
- Infovista brings machine learning capabilities to QoE measurement in ITU-T SG-12 - October 18, 2018
- Intel and Arm share IoT vision to securely connect ‘any device to any cloud’ - October 18, 2018
- New content themes in latest Mvix software release - October 17, 2018
- Intel artificial intelligence and Rolls-Royce push full steam ahead on autonomous shipping - October 17, 2018
- Signagelive platform updated with new interactive kiosk mode for BrightSign media players - October 17, 2018