The two companies join forces to pave the path for the future of interactive technology
San Francisco, CA and Scottsdale, AZ – ZIVELO, the US-based public computing technology company that offers self-service kiosk and digital signage solutions, today announced it has acquired Oak Labs, Inc., the Silicon Valley-based software company best known for its interactive retail technology, powered by OakOS.
This acquisition positions ZIVELO as the first interactive experience provider to now offer a comprehensive suite of powerful software development tools on top of its proven hardware product line and services offering. Healey Cypher, co-founder & CEO of Oak Labs, will be the new CEO of ZIVELO and Ziver Birg, Founder of ZIVELO, will serve as Executive Chairman of the Board.
ZIVELO will continue to produce its award-winning, self-service kiosk and digital signage solutions for a portfolio of global companies. This includes the top 3 fast food chains in the nation, as well as top brands across the retail, banking, healthcare, restaurant, and hospitality industries. With OakOS, ZIVELO’s customers and third party developers will now be able to rapidly build and deploy applications using the only developer kit designed for kiosks. Clients can now develop fully-functional applications within days, by using Oak’s comprehensive web-based frameworks and SDK. Backed by ZIVELO’s network of support technicians, this comprehensive offering removes previous common barriers in the industry.
“People don’t realize how frequently they use kiosks,” said Cypher. “Public-computing is becoming ubiquitous as customers demand easy, self-service experiences that don’t require downloading an app. However, historically building and deploying kiosk programs has been way too hard. The new ZIVELO introduces the first kiosk software developer kit on top of our beautiful product line. Building a kiosk experience has never been easier.”
Credence Research recently reported that the kiosk market is a $6B+ industry, and is poised to grow past $30B by 2025 as self-service technology adoption continues to grow across key verticals globally. Well documented business cases tie kiosks to 30% basket-lift, enhanced data collection, and higher productivity per associates.
“With this acquisition, ZIVELO now offers advanced software solutions which, combined with our wide range of products, has the potential to transform how this industry operates. We can now solve our customers’ largest kiosk program challenges and better deliver the business results they seek,” said Birg. “As a veteran of this industry, I have never been so excited about where we are headed.”
ZIVELO’s mission is to revolutionize the way brands use technology to interact with their consumers on-premise and in the physical world. Founded in 2008, ZIVELO has rapidly grown to become the leading self-service technology brand offering a sleek and sophisticated product design, intuitive user experience, and cutting edge modular hardware solutions. In 2018, ZIVELO acquired Oak Labs, the creators of OakOS – the world’s first operating system for public computing experiences. Through the acquisition, ZIVELO now provides brands with an end-to-end solution for the roll-out of kiosks and digital signage. For more information, please visit http://www.zivelo.com.
Photo Credit: ZIVELO
- NEC collaborates with Arm to develop secure IoT solutions for smart cities using AI - October 19, 2018
- How automotive kiosks are changing the car buying experience - October 18, 2018
- Sales conversion rate in brick and mortar stores is 7X more than online - October 18, 2018
- Peerless-AV adds to universal projector mount line with new heavy duty models - October 18, 2018
- Content management for QSR digital signage? Seamless. - October 18, 2018
- Infovista brings machine learning capabilities to QoE measurement in ITU-T SG-12 - October 18, 2018
- Intel and Arm share IoT vision to securely connect ‘any device to any cloud’ - October 18, 2018
- New content themes in latest Mvix software release - October 17, 2018
- Intel artificial intelligence and Rolls-Royce push full steam ahead on autonomous shipping - October 17, 2018
- Signagelive platform updated with new interactive kiosk mode for BrightSign media players - October 17, 2018