Aberdeen, N.C. – Meridian, an industry leading kiosk manufacturer and software developer, is expanding their fabrication and assembly facilities. “This is an exciting time for Meridian and for our customers,” said Senior Project Manager, Amanda Jordan. “The additional manufacturing lines allow for production planning flexibility leading to better turnaround times for customer orders.”
As a fully integrated manufacturer, Meridian designs, engineers, fabricates, assembles, deploys and supports self-service solutions from their 13-acre headquarters in North Carolina. The 15,000 square foot expansion will provide added space for the assembly and fabrication teams, three additional shipping docks and secure storage lockers. Meridian saw the need to expand in order to achieve economies of scale. “As production output increases, costs per unit decrease, which allows better material’s cost management,” said Jordan.
Meridian considered adding a building or renovating the oldest part of their facility, dating back to the early 1900’s. “We decided to renovate the existing space as it would connect to our sales and marketing team’s offices,” said Meridian Founder and CEO, Chris Gilder. The renovation adds a 15,000 square foot assembly space and provides fabrication with an additional 10,000 square feet to accommodate its expansion.
“As Meridian continues to grow so do our space demands, we needed more room for both fabrication and assembly,” said Gilder. “To accompany the physical expansion, we have also begun a migration to SAP to allow for significant scalability, visibility and control improvements to our manufacturing, sales and accounting system. This also allows us to directly link to many of our larger clients’ systems for seamless ordering and project management processes.”
Meridian’s expansion is scheduled to be completed this summer.
Photo Credit: iStockPhoto
- NEC collaborates with Arm to develop secure IoT solutions for smart cities using AI - October 19, 2018
- How automotive kiosks are changing the car buying experience - October 18, 2018
- Sales conversion rate in brick and mortar stores is 7X more than online - October 18, 2018
- Peerless-AV adds to universal projector mount line with new heavy duty models - October 18, 2018
- Content management for QSR digital signage? Seamless. - October 18, 2018
- Infovista brings machine learning capabilities to QoE measurement in ITU-T SG-12 - October 18, 2018
- Intel and Arm share IoT vision to securely connect ‘any device to any cloud’ - October 18, 2018
- New content themes in latest Mvix software release - October 17, 2018
- Intel artificial intelligence and Rolls-Royce push full steam ahead on autonomous shipping - October 17, 2018
- Signagelive platform updated with new interactive kiosk mode for BrightSign media players - October 17, 2018