Aberdeen, N.C. – Meridian, an industry leading kiosk manufacturer and software developer, is expanding their fabrication and assembly facilities. “This is an exciting time for Meridian and for our customers,” said Senior Project Manager, Amanda Jordan. “The additional manufacturing lines allow for production planning flexibility leading to better turnaround times for customer orders.”
As a fully integrated manufacturer, Meridian designs, engineers, fabricates, assembles, deploys and supports self-service solutions from their 13-acre headquarters in North Carolina. The 15,000 square foot expansion will provide added space for the assembly and fabrication teams, three additional shipping docks and secure storage lockers. Meridian saw the need to expand in order to achieve economies of scale. “As production output increases, costs per unit decrease, which allows better material’s cost management,” said Jordan.
Meridian considered adding a building or renovating the oldest part of their facility, dating back to the early 1900’s. “We decided to renovate the existing space as it would connect to our sales and marketing team’s offices,” said Meridian Founder and CEO, Chris Gilder. The renovation adds a 15,000 square foot assembly space and provides fabrication with an additional 10,000 square feet to accommodate its expansion.
“As Meridian continues to grow so do our space demands, we needed more room for both fabrication and assembly,” said Gilder. “To accompany the physical expansion, we have also begun a migration to SAP to allow for significant scalability, visibility and control improvements to our manufacturing, sales and accounting system. This also allows us to directly link to many of our larger clients’ systems for seamless ordering and project management processes.”
Meridian’s expansion is scheduled to be completed this summer.
Photo Credit: iStockPhoto
- Almo Corporation gives back to community and professional industry through summer fundraising and outreach - August 21, 2018
- Almo Professional A/V announces 2018 Vendor Partner Awards of Excellence winners - August 16, 2018
- LG launches new ‘Pocket Photo Snap’ hybrid camera-printer in the U.S. - August 16, 2018
- Zivelo introduces financing options for clients - August 16, 2018
- Intel artificial intelligence helps bring ‘The Meg’ mega shark to the big screen - August 16, 2018
- Fan favorite honey sesame chicken breast makes short but sweet return to Panda Express - August 16, 2018
- Video walls slim down and lighten up to reduce costs - August 15, 2018
- How can digital signage deliver better retail experiences to lift sales? - August 15, 2018
- Innovating for the ‘data-centric’ era - August 15, 2018
- Peerless-AV announces new Smart City Kiosk - August 15, 2018