By Jenn Gvozdek – Omnivex Corporation
Digital communications impact many different parts of the organization. While it’s easy to see that digital communications enable better marketing, you may be less aware of how it can improve operations. Significant time and resources are dedicated to enterprise operations; effective digital communications strategies allow these precious resources to be used more strategically, leading to better overall company performance.
Let’s explore how effectively optimized digital communications improves operations.
Enhance internal communications
Operations employees are often mobile and aren’t necessarily sitting at a desk all day. Digital communications can help improve the connection these employees. Whether it is mass messaging via digital displays, mobile apps or interactive kiosks, everyone within operations and beyond can be on the same page instantly when you employ real-time digital communications.
Digital communications also help employees be more productive, as communication, or lack thereof, is a significant factor in the success of any operations team or really any team. According to a study from SIS International, the cumulative cost of lost productivity due to communication challenges was over $26,000 per worker every year.
Equip employees with the right information at the right time on the right device and the dividends will be not only include improved employee engagement, but increased sales, improved customer satisfaction, and much more.
Increase efficiency and productivity
Visual dashboards provide employees and management with insight into the operations of the organization. Consider the use of these types of displays on plant floors, in warehouses, at nursing stations in hospitals, in call centers, and many other locations in organizations across all industries. Employees and managers can clearly see real-time information and key metrics and how the organization is tracking against those stats. These examples of instant communication can spur more efficient, productive work when all employees are aware of current metrics.
reduce errors, decrease costs
Enhanced digital communications strategies also have an additional benefit: reducing errors. This leads to decreased costs. If employees are aware of key targets and stats, it becomes easier to check out weak areas to see what’s going wrong. The data helps them make better decisions, finding the source of the problem. Without this valuable information, the organizations could continue to miss targets, make mistakes and waste dollars.
Optimize safety practices
Digital communication is an ideal channel for training and education. An organization with locations across the country or world can view the same information to provide consistency across their safety program. Keeping employees aware of hazards and best practices may answer compliance requirements as well.
Energize your operations
Digital communication is a critical medium for organizations, and it’s not just a channel for marketing. By communicating internally, your operations team can engage employees, increase productivity and efficiency, and reduce errors and costs. With so many options to execute digital communications, including information screens, video walls, wayfinding, and more, there is a relevant solution for any organization.
Photo Credit: iStockPhoto.com
- BrightSign media players drive interactive digital transformation in Best Buy Canada Experience Stores - September 20, 2018
- Almo Professional A/V enables Integrators to use exhibit hall as new product showroom - September 19, 2018
- LG introduces world’s first 8K OLED TV - September 19, 2018
- NEC and Solace collaborate on data connectivity - September 18, 2018
- How interactive displays are increasing in quality, decreasing in cost - September 18, 2018
- Reflect’s Bill Warren wins Tech Titans 2018 Community Hero Award - September 18, 2018
- Intel drone helping to preserve Korean cultural heritage - September 18, 2018
- Thin clients bring high security, ease of management and cost savings - September 17, 2018
- NEC Display Solutions delivering end-to-end video wall solution for customers - September 17, 2018
- Zivelo introduces turn-key kiosk deployment services - September 17, 2018