Steering the ship of a thriving franchising business is quite a challenge, but Matthew Kirby has prevailed more than once. The entrepreneur, who created Mongolian Barbecue U.K. and co-founded BD’s Mongolian BBQ in the 1990s in the U.S., applied a bit of innovation to those Asian stir-fry brands in 2008, and came up with Chozen Noodle.
“We started out with a create-your-own-stir-fry concept called Mongolian Barbeque. Lots of fun but it was difficult to get the 8-foot iron grill set up in a shopping center or motorway service station, let alone all the horses, swords and associated weaponry you need these days,” Kirby said. “So, we looked for something simpler that allowed us to pursue our love of healthy, tasty Asian food that used fresh ingredients.”
The chain has grown to more than 40 units in England, but Kirby isn’t content stopping there. He’ll discuss his vision for the growing brand and its sister concept — Chow Asian Kitchen — as well as what it takes to succeed in the franchising world during the closing keynote session, July 18 at the annual Restaurant Franchising & Innovation Summit at the Grange City Hotel in London.
The summit, which brings together more than 100 C-level restaurant executives from around the world for networking and educational sessions, kicks off July 16 with a keynote from Andy Wiederhorn, CEO of FAT Brands, parent company of Fatburger, Buffalo’s Express, and Ponderosa and Bonanza steakhouses.
“We are honored to have such a successful industry leader to teach and inspire our attendees,” said Cherryh Cansler, director of editorial, Networld Media Group, the company producing the summit.
Register here for the Summit, which includes speakers from the following brands:
- Freshii GB
- Kotipizza Group
- New York Pizza
- FAT Brands
- Rocket Restaurants
- Dum Dum Donutteries
- Chorley’s Sauces & Chorley’s Restaurant
- Social Burgerjoint
- FIZZ! World Franchise Associates
- The Franchising Centre
- The Avocado Show
- Euromonitor International
- Vapiano & Curtice Brothers Organic Ketchup
- Burger Brands Belgium
- Boparan Restaurant Group
- FRIENDS & BRGRS
- Zing Zing
- How governments can help advance artificial intelligence - July 12, 2018
- NDI: The secret sauce for your next campus or enterprise project - July 12, 2018
- The hotel guest room: Accommodating, entertaining and unforgettable - July 12, 2018
- Large scale deployment considerations by Zivelo - July 12, 2018
- Mvix announces winner of the first annual Chris Wolf Scholarship - July 12, 2018
- Qwick Media opening new horizons for growth objectives - July 11, 2018
- Diversified has reached an agreement in principle to acquire TSL FZ - July 11, 2018
- U.S. healthcare leaders expect widespread adoption of artificial intelligence by 2023 - July 11, 2018
- The present-day kiosk and its benefit to today’s consumer - July 11, 2018
- A History of Digital Signage - July 11, 2018