Splash for Cash, PAL and Integrate Baltimore non-profit organizations bring employees together and provide community service
Philadelphia, PA — This summer, Almo Corporation, the nation’s leading independent distributor of appliances, consumer electronics, Pro A/V equipment and housewares, went above and beyond to participate in local-area fundraisers and volunteer outreach/service projects designed to give back to non-profit organizations in the community and professional industry.
“It is both an honor and a privilege to be able to give back to our local communities, favorite charities and industry-related organizations,” explained Warren Chaiken, president and CEO of Almo Corporation. “Our secret sauce has always been and always will be our people. Our culture is not only comprised of talented, hardworking professionals, but those with big hearts who want to make a difference in the community and for various causes by being actively involved and working together to change people’s lives for the better.”
P.A.L Bike Build
On June 20, as part of the Almo Dealer Channel National Business Conference, Almo’s team-building time was dedicated to the Philadelphia Chapter of the Police Athletic League (PAL). The PAL organization provides safe havens for thousands of kids, some in the toughest neighborhoods throughout Philadelphia. From homework clubs, computer classes and citywide educational tournaments, to more than a dozen organized sport activities, the PAL helps children stay safe, productive and engaged in worthwhile activities. Employees worked together to build bicycles (with support from Sharp Appliances). They were presented to the PAL then distributed to children who may otherwise never have had a chance to own a bicycle.
According to Jack Halperin, senior vice president sales and customer service, Dealer Channel Division, Almo Corporation, “The feeling of accomplishment after successfully completing any task is always sweeter when you know the end result benefited those in need. We could not have been more proud being able to support PAL with the corporate generosity of Sharp Appliances as part of our 2018 Almo National Business Conference.”
Splash for Cash
On July 12, employees from the Almo Corporation headquarters paid to take turns knocking Almo executives and other colleagues into a dunk tank during the second annual Splash for Cash event to raise money for the American Cancer Society. The event included lunch provided by sponsors Sharp, Danby and Honeywell. More than $7,000 was raised over the course of the day and A Go-Fund-Me page was set up for additional contributions, 100 percent of which were provided to the American Cancer Society.
On August 1, Almo Pro A/V took advantage of the time together with employees and partners at its National Sales Meeting by giving back to Integrate Baltimore, a grassroots organization focused mainly on taking the abundance of used surplus technology and providing access to this technology in underserved areas. This organization also raises awareness about viable career paths in the AV industry. Almo’s vendor partners made product donations worth more than $25,000. In addition, Almo made a monetary donation of more than $4,000 through a corporate contribution and raffle money raised at the event.
Other charitable contributions made by Almo Corporation this summer include:
- The Almo National Sales and Service Division visited the AstraZeneca Hope Lodge-American Cancer Society to prepare “breakfast for dinner” for the patients and caregivers at Fox Chase Cancer Center.
- Almo Corporation interns volunteered in the community at Habitat for Humanity.
- Almo Corporation interns also volunteered at Holy Reedemer Food Pantry right around the corner from the Philadelphia office. They learned all about Holy Reedemer’s mission and helped out by bagging, sorting, and cleaning around the food bank.
About Almo Corporation
Almo Corporation is the largest independent distributor of appliances, consumer electronics, professional Audio/Video equipment, furniture and housewares in the United States. Serving the needs of retailers across the country, Almo operates nine regional distribution facilities with over 2.5 million square feet of warehousing.
Almo focuses on four major business segments or divisions. The Major Appliance and Electronics dealer channel segment works with more than 2,000 independent dealers throughout the United States distributing household name-brand products in a variety of retail categories. The Premium Appliances division works with independent retailers of luxury appliances and outdoor lifestyle products including patio furniture and BBQ grills. The Professional A/V division provides value-added technology and professional audio visual products and services to professional integrators, dealers and consultants. The Fulfillment Division is a state-of-the-art e-Commerce Fulfillment business that serves some of the largest online retailers in the country with a wide range of products. For more information, go to www.almo.com or call 800-345-2566.
Photo Credit: Almo Corporation
- BrightSign media players drive interactive digital transformation in Best Buy Canada Experience Stores - September 20, 2018
- Almo Professional A/V enables Integrators to use exhibit hall as new product showroom - September 19, 2018
- LG introduces world’s first 8K OLED TV - September 19, 2018
- NEC and Solace collaborate on data connectivity - September 18, 2018
- How interactive displays are increasing in quality, decreasing in cost - September 18, 2018
- Reflect’s Bill Warren wins Tech Titans 2018 Community Hero Award - September 18, 2018
- Intel drone helping to preserve Korean cultural heritage - September 18, 2018
- Thin clients bring high security, ease of management and cost savings - September 17, 2018
- NEC Display Solutions delivering end-to-end video wall solution for customers - September 17, 2018
- Zivelo introduces turn-key kiosk deployment services - September 17, 2018