August 18-19, 2018, IKEA FAMILY members are invited to a weekend full of activities and giveaways to celebrate 75 years of IKEA
CONSHOHOCKEN, PA. (PRWEB) – IKEA U.S. is inviting IKEA FAMILY members and friends to participate in the IKEA 75th Anniversary Celebration, taking place in IKEA stores nationwide* on Saturday, August 18, 2018 and Sunday, August 19, 2018 9:30 am – 4:00 pm. Since its founding, IKEA has sought to enable a better life at home for all, with the belief that furniture can be affordable without sacrificing quality, design and sustainability. The IKEA 75th anniversary is a time to celebrate these accomplishments and look eagerly towards the future.
During the weekend-long event, IKEA FAMILY members and shoppers will be able to participate in fun activities and giveaways while they shop timeless favorites from the 50s and 60s in the classic GRATULERA** collection – a special collection resurrecting some of the most popular IKEA products from over the years using the latest production methods and technologies.
“We’re so excited to celebrate this major milestone with our IKEA FAMILY members,” said Wanda Fisher, Regional Marketing Manager, IKEA U.S. “During this event, we celebrate 75 years of affordability and quality with special activities and giveaways for all members.”
Designed to reward IKEA FAMILY members and celebrate 75 years of IKEA, the anniversary celebration will include the following in-store offerings***:
- IKEA Food Offers: From 2:00 – 4:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday, there will be a sampling on free food and drinks in IKEA Restaurants**** and customers can enjoy buy one, get one free offers on desserts.
- In-Store Activities: Customers of all ages can celebrate the occasion with crafts and activities throughout the weekend.
- IKEA FAMILY Giveaway*****: The early bird gets the worm! The first 75 IKEA FAMILY members at each store on Saturday, August 18 will receive a $20 gift card.
- Play to Win: Throughout the weekend, IKEA FAMILY members can spin a wheel or roll the dice to win special IKEA prizes.
- IKEA FAMILY “Scan to Win” Sweepstakes: IKEA FAMILY members can scan their membership card at a kiosk, check-out or IKEA Restaurant for a chance to win a $75 IKEA gift card (10 winners per local IKEA store). Plus, one IKEA FAMILY member who scans their card will win the grand prize, a $750 gift card.
For more information on the IKEA 75th Anniversary Celebration event and specific activities and offers, please visit your local store’s website.
Beyond this one-weekend special event, IKEA shoppers can continue to get more out of each IKEA store visit by becoming an IKEA FAMILY member. The no-cost membership includes perks like special discounts, gift card giveaway entries with each purchase, complimentary coffee and tea in the IKEA Restaurant, and more. During the Back to College event, shoppers will have the opportunity to sign up for the ongoing rewards program.
Since its 1943 founding in Sweden, IKEA has offered home furnishings of good design and function at low prices. The IKEA Group operates 363 IKEA stores in 29 countries, including 48 in the U.S. IKEA incorporates sustainability into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment. For more information see IKEA-USA.com, @IKEAUSANews, @IKEAUSA or IKEAUSA on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
*IKEA Paramus will not be participating in the “IKEA 75th Anniversary Event” on Sunday, August 19, but will host all other activities/offers on Saturday, August 18. All other stores are participating.
** 50-60s products from the GRATULERA collection will be available in stores starting August 15.
*** Offers valid August 18 – August 19, 2018 at participating US stores only, while supplies last. Activities and offerings vary by store. Visit local store websites for a full listing of events, activities, and offers.
**** IKEA Carson will not be participating in IKEA Food offers.
**** See your local store for complete gift card giveaway rules and regulations. Gift card line up begins Saturday, August 18 at 9:00 am.
IKEA is an ICX Association Brand Member
Photo Credit: iStockPhoto.com
- NEC collaborates with Arm to develop secure IoT solutions for smart cities using AI - October 19, 2018
- How automotive kiosks are changing the car buying experience - October 18, 2018
- Sales conversion rate in brick and mortar stores is 7X more than online - October 18, 2018
- Peerless-AV adds to universal projector mount line with new heavy duty models - October 18, 2018
- Content management for QSR digital signage? Seamless. - October 18, 2018
- Infovista brings machine learning capabilities to QoE measurement in ITU-T SG-12 - October 18, 2018
- Intel and Arm share IoT vision to securely connect ‘any device to any cloud’ - October 18, 2018
- New content themes in latest Mvix software release - October 17, 2018
- Intel artificial intelligence and Rolls-Royce push full steam ahead on autonomous shipping - October 17, 2018
- Signagelive platform updated with new interactive kiosk mode for BrightSign media players - October 17, 2018