Improving the throughput of high speed networks that support data transfer rates of more than 5Gbps
TOKYO – (JCN Newswire) – NEC Corporation announced the launch of an enhanced Traffic Management Solution (TMS) for 5G that improves the throughput of high speed networks that support data transfer rates of more than 5Gbps. TMS increases the quality of experience for end users and enables Communication Service Providers (CSPs) to efficiently operate networks by providing them with sophisticated control over communications traffic.
The full commercial launch of 5G requires greater throughput from core networks as well as wireless networks in order to realize high-speed, high-capacity communications. After the deployment of 5G, there will be a mixture of networks with different communication speeds, such as 4G and 5G. Therefore, it is necessary to assure network stability at the time of a terminal’s handover between different types of networks.
NEC’s enhanced TMS features advanced component software that increases the performance and accuracy of analytics. Moreover, Dynamic TCP Optimization, a function that enables control in response to changing network conditions, has extended its scope to the ultrahigh-speed range of 5Gbps or more.
Trials of NEC’s enhanced TMS in a 5G test environment have improved 5G communications quality by increasing throughput by approximately 24% in the ultrahigh-speed range of 5Gbps or more; reducing download time during the handover from 4G to 5G by approximately 27%; and reducing the time to reach the maximum speed during the handover from 4G to 5G by approximately 64%.
Moreover, since it can be used as-is after the deployment of 5G, NEC’s enhanced TMS improves communication quality in 4G environments as well.
“NEC contributes to a better experience for end users and more efficient network operations for CSPs by continuing to enhance TMS,” said Kazuhiro Tagawa, General Manager, Network Solutions Division, NEC Corporation. “Our TMS has been adopted by over 20 CSPs worldwide and we look forward to seeing it drive the further advancement of 5G.”
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. By providing a combination of products and solutions that cross utilize the company’s experience and global resources, NEC’s advanced technologies meet the complex and ever-changing needs of its customers. NEC brings more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to empower people, businesses and society. For more information, visit NEC at http://www.nec.com.
Based on its Mid-term Management Plan 2015, the NEC Group globally provides “Solutions for Society” that promote the safety, security, efficiency and equality of society. Under the company’s corporate message of “Orchestrating a brighter world,” NEC aims to help solve a wide range of challenging issues and to create new social value for the changing world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.nec.com/en/global/about/solutionsforsociety/message.html.
- Almo Professional A/V announces 2018 Vendor Partner Awards of Excellence winners - August 16, 2018
- LG launches new ‘Pocket Photo Snap’ hybrid camera-printer in the U.S. - August 16, 2018
- Zivelo introduces financing options for clients - August 16, 2018
- Intel artificial intelligence helps bring ‘The Meg’ mega shark to the big screen - August 16, 2018
- Fan favorite honey sesame chicken breast makes short but sweet return to Panda Express - August 16, 2018
- Video walls slim down and lighten up to reduce costs - August 15, 2018
- How can digital signage deliver better retail experiences to lift sales? - August 15, 2018
- Innovating for the ‘data-centric’ era - August 15, 2018
- Peerless-AV announces new Smart City Kiosk - August 15, 2018
- Museum of Flight takes immersive storytelling to new heights with Intuiface-based touch screen experience - August 14, 2018