Taco Bell’s Cantina and urban in-line concepts designed for urban centers must be doing well, as the brand said today its planning to plunk down 125 new locations of these concepts in New York City alone by 2022. And that begins now, with plans to open three cantinas in Manhattan by the end of the year and 300 total locations of the expanded restaurants nationwide in less than four years.
In a news release, the brand announced it has opened six new cantinas in New York boroughs over the past year already. The three additional NYC restaurants will open at:
• 500 Eighth Avenue
• 840 Eighth Avenue
• 224 Seventh Avenue
The Urban In-Line and Cantina restaurants are smaller format restaurants tailored for highly-walkable areas and do not have drive-thrus. They contain open kitchens, local artwork, shareable tapas-style menus, free Wifi and charging outlets that encourage customers to stay a while.
In the past year, the chain has opened 16 locations nationally with still more sites planned this year in New York, Chicago and Boulder, Colorado, as well as Hollywood, California and Madison, Wisconsin. The current focus on the concepts in the Big Apple is being taken because the brand said that has been a traditionally under-served market for Taco Bell.On an added note the chain said its partnership with GrubHub will expand to include 4,500 U.S. restaurants online on GrubHub by year’s end with kiosks in all U.S. restaurants by the end of next year.
Posted with permission from www.QSRweb.com
Taco Bell is a ICX Association Brand Member
Photo Credit: Taco Bell
- Golden Arches spending big on ICX tech remodel - August 16, 2018
- Taco Bell adds 125 NYC Cantina, urban in-line restaurants by 2022 - August 7, 2018
- Keys to the blockchain for QSRs - August 2, 2018
- Coca-Cola exec talks tapping into customers of all ages - May 30, 2018
- KFC’s main marketing mastermind headlines Restaurant Franchising and Innovation Summit - November 28, 2017
- Fast casual CEOs predict industry changes, trends - November 7, 2017
- Millennials tell restaurants: More big discounts, less small talk - November 1, 2017
- Fast casual summit keynote: 5 seconds to leading amid change - October 25, 2017
- Fazoli’s ‘Comeback Kid’ shares turnaround story at London franchising summit - August 23, 2017
- Subway cooks up fresh in-store experience - July 19, 2017