First to mass produce large screen OLED TVs, LG poised to lead market in advanced premium TV technologies
BERLIN, — Already a leader in advancing TV innovation with its OLED TVs, LG Electronics (LG) is introducing the world’s first 8K (7680 x 4320) OLED TV. Previewed at IFA 2018, the 88-inch class 8K LG OLED TV features over 33 million self-emitting pixels to produce the unmatched contrast ratio and true blacks that define OLED TV’s iconic picture quality.
With OLED TV shipments in the market expected to double in 2018 and reach over nine million units by 2022, LG will continue to increase the OLED share in its premium TV portfolio and drive large scale consumer adoption of OLED TVs. While the 8K TV market is still in its infancy, it is expected to grow to more than 5 million units by 2022, and LG is committed to leading the ultra-premium market with its 8K OLED TV technology.
Despite advancements in LCD field, OLED has been often referred to as the “next generation display technology” because it emits its own light, eliminating the need for any kind of backlighting. This allows for state-of-art TVs which redefine both the picture quality and the product design. Not only was LG able to pioneer such technologies, but it was also able to successfully market them.
“LG’s first 8K OLED TV is the pinnacle of technological achievement and the next evolutionary step in display technology,” said Brian Kwon, president of LG Home Entertainment Company. “4K OLED played a major role in reshaping TV industry and LG is confident that 8K OLED will do the same.” www.LG.com
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $55 billion global force and technology leader in home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications. LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, mobile phones, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG’s “Life’s Good” marketing theme. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LG.com.
Photo Credit: LG Electronics USA
- How digital signage is improving the QSR experience, part 2 - October 12, 2018
- Arizona taps Intel for lead role in automated vehicle safety institute - October 12, 2018
- Intuiface launches two partner programs with a roster of 50+ participating companies - October 12, 2018
- Small Room. Big Benefits. Gain insight on small huddle space audio challenges - October 11, 2018
- Top 3 Uses of Digital Signage in Cannabis Dispensaries - October 11, 2018
- Explore the 3 types of digital signage content and find the right fit for your space - October 11, 2018
- How Digital Signage is Improving the QSR Experience - October 11, 2018
- Peerless-AV helps esteemed Colorado music venue engage its patrons - October 10, 2018
- Peerless-AV helps esteemed Red Rock’s music venue engage its patrons - October 10, 2018
- GOLDfinger and Betson Imperial Parts & Service to showcase products - October 10, 2018