Educational institutions of all sizes are finding out they can do so much with digital signage in schools. Versatile and web-ready, digital signage for education allows all levels of public school and higher education institutions to provide valuable, timely information to students who readily give their attention to dynamic digital screens animated with colorful content that grabs and holds their attention.
Forget about hanging posters, tacking up handmade signs in hallways, or sending memos to teachers. Communicating this way is not only archaic, but it’s also impractical and time-consuming. Posters and signs get ripped or torn down, busy teachers can forget to deliver messages, and school administrators may find themselves dealing with upset students or parents who never received important information relevant to school operations.
Here are a few examples of how our own clients are implementing content management software and digital signs in schools.
Event Listings – Western Michigan University
Western Michigan University, a public research university in Kalamazoo, Michigan, has implemented a digital signage network of 30 networked screens across 13 university facilities in Michigan and 2 satellite campus locations in Florida.
The digital signs provide consistent messaging at all locations and allow administrators to push out information and updates to students, faculty and visitors.
Members of the faculty and administration can contribute content on local displays, but all content is created and managed by the marketing staff and supported by the IT staff.
Time & Weather – New Life Christian School
The Mvix digital signage platform is driving live communications at New Life Christian School and its associated ministries in Northwest St. Louis.
The digital signage network stretches out across five locations within the school and chapel campus and is managed from the administration office. The network empowers communication with students and parishioners by sharing announcements, live sermons, event listings, and community photos.
Social Media – Montgomery County Public Schools
Montgomery County Public Schools in Maryland are using the Mvix platform at their central offices where they oversee the entire school district.
The digital signs show updates on all of the district schools and manage meeting spaces for administrators as they enter the offices.
YouTube – Boys and Girls Club of Greater Holyoke
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Holyoke, one of the oldest affiliates of the greater Boys & Girls Clubs of America, implemented a digital signage network powered by Mvix. The goal is to engage parents and club members to increase participation in club events and activities.
The digital signage displays are strategically placed at entrances so that kids get about important updates as soon as they enter the building, and for parents to review updates when they arrive for pickup.
The displays, which are remotely managed by the IT Director, show schedules for club activities, club member’s achievements in school via branded pictures and video, and other club announcements.
The Digital Advantage
As the most efficient and affordable method of getting the word out on any size school campus, education digital signage is essential to streamlining campus communication and sustaining superior communication protocols for K-12, college and university campuses.
Photo Credit: Mvix
- How digital signage is improving the QSR experience, part 2 - October 12, 2018
- Arizona taps Intel for lead role in automated vehicle safety institute - October 12, 2018
- Intuiface launches two partner programs with a roster of 50+ participating companies - October 12, 2018
- Small Room. Big Benefits. Gain insight on small huddle space audio challenges - October 11, 2018
- Top 3 Uses of Digital Signage in Cannabis Dispensaries - October 11, 2018
- Explore the 3 types of digital signage content and find the right fit for your space - October 11, 2018
- How Digital Signage is Improving the QSR Experience - October 11, 2018
- Peerless-AV helps esteemed Colorado music venue engage its patrons - October 10, 2018
- Peerless-AV helps esteemed Red Rock’s music venue engage its patrons - October 10, 2018
- GOLDfinger and Betson Imperial Parts & Service to showcase products - October 10, 2018