Fans crowd into stadiums to enjoy their favorites – from music to theater to sports. The venue is expected to provide a secure, positive experience. If not, the damage to the tour, the sports club or the venue can be undeniable. According to the 2017 J.D. Power Fan Experience survey, fans are looking for the venues and teams that will offer them the best fan experience for their dollar.
The study has identified 10 key performance indicators (KPIs) that drive fan loyalty and satisfaction. When stadiums and teams rank well and all 10 KPIs are met, spending is directly impacted, often increasing as much as 90%.
Fans are asked to evaluate their experience based on:
- Ticket purchase
- Arriving and departing the stadium
- Security and ushers
- Game experience
- Souvenirs and merchandise
Venues and teams want to give their fans a positive, memorable experience, exceptional customer service and security, even among thousands of other fans. Facial recognition could create a more effortless and exciting fan experience.
With facial recognition and a unified biometric key, a frictionless and personalized fan experience can increase loyalty and spending.
Unified Biometric Key Personalizes the Fan Experience
Retail is not the only market that seeks to build customer loyalty. Advanced recognition technology allows each individual to use their face as a unified biometric key to build a frictionless and personalized fan experience. A unified biometric key can help stadium staff provide better customer service through:
- Streamlined access for fans
- Alerts when VIPs or blocked fans arrive
- Sales and service team assistance to provide an exceptional experience
- Simplified retail operations with face-pay
- Personalized experiences
- Captured analytics to learn more about visitors
Cut Down on Line Times
Fans judge their stadium and team experience by the amount of time waiting in line at an arena. When an individual has to stand in line to enter the venue, purchase concessions or merchandise, they become frustrated while missing out on the event they came to see. With advanced recognition systems, a fan’s face is the unified biometric key to unlocking the door to a more positive experience.
Facial recognition creates frictionless event entry, reduces queues and allows fans to “pay with their face.” Intelligent customized displays can make suggestions in the concession or souvenir area dependent on previous fan activity. “Facial loyalty” through self-ordering kiosks can also make recommendations based on past food orders for faster decision-making. Guests can then pick up the item and pay for it, often without pulling out a wallet, in one quick encounter.
Watch: Benefits of Face-Based Loyalty Program in Restaurants
Get VIP Treatment
After loyal fans have been identified in the facial recognition system and created their own unified biometric key, stadium sales staff and ushers will be able to provide true VIP treatment. The season-ticket holder, for example, can be welcomed at the season ticket door, allowed entrance into VIP clubs, provided with birthday or anniversary greetings or otherwise treated with familiarity. Guest services will be able to quickly locate a dedicated fan who spends thousands of dollars at the venue and offer them a preferential personalized experience.
Fans can also include their family in the VIP experience. Paying by face, for example, can be extended to family members who wish to be included on the same credit card. With a unified biometric key, guest services can create differentiation in the fan experience.
See how Your Face Makes the Food Ordering Experience Easier
Build Loyalty with 5 Star Service… Even When the Team is Losing
Because the fan experience matters, the unique unified biometric key can be used to build fan loyalty— even when their favorite team is losing. Some stadiums are already experimenting with facial recognition as a unified biometric key, creating a positive, frictionless fan experience. Analytics captured by the advanced recognition technology allows the stadium to target marketing messages and raise alerts based upon previous encounters with the fan.
As an award-winning leading facial recognition provider for four consecutive years, NEC’s facial recognition technology has achieved the highest performance evaluation from the U.S. National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) by:
- Recognizing one individual walking in a crowd without stopping
- Detecting suspicious individuals at a stadium
- Speed and accurate matching to photos in a database
NEC’s NeoFace® Express is the industry standard for using facial recognition to transform any hospitality experience that involves large groups of people. Adding NEC’s Advanced Recognition Systems to the existing venue security system allows fans a #1 secure, positive and personalized experience.
Photo Credit: iStockPhoto.com
Video from NEC
- How digital signage is improving the QSR experience, part 2 - October 12, 2018
- Arizona taps Intel for lead role in automated vehicle safety institute - October 12, 2018
- Intuiface launches two partner programs with a roster of 50+ participating companies - October 12, 2018
- Small Room. Big Benefits. Gain insight on small huddle space audio challenges - October 11, 2018
- Top 3 Uses of Digital Signage in Cannabis Dispensaries - October 11, 2018
- Explore the 3 types of digital signage content and find the right fit for your space - October 11, 2018
- How Digital Signage is Improving the QSR Experience - October 11, 2018
- Peerless-AV helps esteemed Colorado music venue engage its patrons - October 10, 2018
- Peerless-AV helps esteemed Red Rock’s music venue engage its patrons - October 10, 2018
- GOLDfinger and Betson Imperial Parts & Service to showcase products - October 10, 2018